SCHOOL OF GOOD GOVERNANCE
EMPOWERING YOUTH OF RURAL INDIA
India lacks a proper education for policy making. There is education to become a doctor, engineer, accountant but unfortunately no platform to create good policy makers, good politicians. There is a dire need for a platform to guide young minds who want to serve the nation through politics. A need to inculcate value of ethical and effective governance to serve the largest democracy in the world.
The challenge before the policymakers and public leaders is
- Find solutions to the developmental problems.
- Defend democratic values.
- Propose optimal solutions with limited resources, at their disposal.
Sri Sri University (SSU, Orissa) has initiated a unique 2 years Masters Program (MA) in Good Governance and Public Policy to groom ethical, effective and empowered leaders in politics.
The SSU – School of Good Governance program is aimed at creating youth capital for national political development. The two-year program will offer rigorous theoretical and practical training in political affairs, party and election management, political governance and public policy making. The program will thoroughly groom young minds into leaders by facilitating intensive mentoring by MLAs and MPs.
The thrust of the program will be on ethical and effective governancethrough politics. This program will also help the students to develop quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, receive an exposure to the real world policymaking process, and enhance their managerial skills. Graduating students will be able to work with the state and national political parties, participating and contesting in elections; work as consultants for political leaders; or become policy researchers and analysts.
WHAT WE AIM TO DO
- OVBI has partnered with SSU -School of Good Governance) to provide full 2 year scholarship to 12 brightest young political aspirant who want to bring positive change in policy making and politics in India.
- 12 scholarships (for the first year): Rs. 200000/ $4000 per student
- Facilitate the national entrance exams
- Three level entrance exam
- Written based on Civic and legal policies governing India
- Group Discussion
- Personal Interview
- Selection Committee will be from diff backgrounds
- Media Buzz
- Research existing schools of good governance/ policy making
LONG TERM VISION
- To create strong leadership skills at the center
- Strong and credible leaders at grass root level
Applications are invited from students who are deeply interested in political reforms, political leadership and political governance. During the two-year program, students will receive rigorous theoretical and practical training in political affairs, party and election management, political governance and public policymaking. The program will thoroughly groom young minds into leaders by facilitating intensive mentoring by the Members of Legislative Assemblies and Members of Parliament.
We believe that this effort to provide support to educate young and dynamic students will help in shaping ethical and dedicated leaders of good governance, who will become guiding torch bearers of our country.